Friday, July 28, 2017

Living The Dream

Whether we admit it or not, we are all striving to "live the dream life". Our individual visions of what that dream life looks like is as unique as each and every one of us. We are constantly planning for, working towards, saving for, praying about, and wrapping our faith around that dream life. We see it as some destination in the future that one day we'll finally achieve. And if I'm honest with you, there were certainly times in this journey that my dream life seemed almost impossible to achieve. It seemed that no matter how hard I worked, how much faith I had, or how often I kept the promises of God before me, the picture I had in my mind of my dream life was still some distance away from my current reality. However, this week, I had an eye opening moment with the Father and all I could do was weep before Him.

What I realized is that God has given me the opportunity and the resources to live my dream life RIGHT NOW! Every day that I wake up and I'm able to do exactly what I love and impact people for the glory of God, I'm living the dream. I'm in a season where everyday I have the opportunity to run Rebirth Arts full-time. I have the daily privilege to share my heart and love for God with numerous people through this blog, our social media community, our live broadcast, our studio classes, and our hosted events. For over a month, God has afforded me one of my greatest blessings . . . to experience His promises manifesting in my life.

Now, don't get me wrong, there is still plenty of room for growth in order to get to the ultimate vision that I see in my spirit of traveling internationally ministering the gospel through the arts, having a waiting list for our studio classes, seeing lines wrapped around the building for the auditions for our annual productions, and building our own multi-million dollar facility. However, I also know that the Word of God tells us to not despise small beginnings (Zechariah 4:10/NLT). And because I was so focused on the grander vision that my spirit was holding on to, I almost missed the fact that God was already manifesting my dream life. He was already making divine connections and opening doors that I would have never been able to reach on my own. He was already providing the resources I needed to take care of my needs, as I pressed forward into my purpose in Him. I almost fell into the trap of being ungrateful for what God was doing, because I was laser focused on the bigger picture. Honestly, I was borderline upset with God because my dream was not manifesting, how I thought it should be manifesting. But thank God for revelation, the ability to see and recognize the truth, and the exposing of the lies of the enemy in my life!

If my transparency today keeps you from falling into this trap of the enemy, then it is well worth it. Be sure to take notice of the little things God is doing in your life that is truly manifesting His promises. Yes, you still have room to grow and goals to achieve, but God is delivering on your dream life right now. Be sure not to miss the opportunity to be thankful and glorify the Father for the great things He is doing in your life that aligns with His promises, no matter how small. Because believe me, it's no small thing to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment