Tuesday, August 5, 2014

A Life Well Spent

I want to live a life well spent . . . 
You may say . . . well that is a little bit of a depressing view of life, but I challenge your thinking today. Life is not a guarantee and every moment is extremely precious.  God gives us 86,400 seconds every day and not one of them can we relive again. 

Time is our currency on Earth. Once it is spent, it only returns to us as an investment of life experiences and memories.  Only you can determine what your return will be.  Will it be reflections of moments with those you love, of stress and worry, or of heart stirring impacts of ministry?

When I look back over my life . . . let's say in a year . . . I want to be able to report to God that I effectively used the 8,766 hours He gave me to accomplish all that He set out for me to do.  I don't want to look back and think that there was one minute that I wasted being fearful, bitter, stuck, or having a pity party. I don't want to have lived a life of sound bites, snapshots, and disjointed memories. I want to look back and see that I walked with God throughout each of those hours, that my eyes, ears and heart were open to His voice and His leading, and that even in the hard moments of life, I held on strong to my faith.

Life is to be cherished.  I want to encourage you today to "spend" your life seeking after God and striving to walk out the plans that He has for your life (Jeremiah 29:11).  I promise you that the    "mustard seed" amount of effort and faith that you put forward, chasing after God and His righteousness, will return to you a lifetime of experiences and memories that you could have never imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment