Saturday, January 3, 2015

Shedding the Old, Embracing the New

At the beginning of a new year, we all have likely fallen into the mindset of embracing fresh starts. We look in anticipation towards midnight hoping that it will bring the promise of dreams come true.


Many people set resolutions and goals for the start of a new year. These goals can range from losing weight, launching a business, starting a new career, saving to purchase a home . . . and the list goes on.


As I began to think and reflect on what God would have me to accomplish or focus on in 2015, I heard the Spirit of God say …

"I need more of you."

I must admit, I was taken aback a little at this request.  Not because of the implied sacrifices that it would require from me, but because I knew that if God was asking me to surrender more of myself, He was also willing to pour more of Himself into me.

As I've continued to reflect on this request from the Father, I look forward to each new day with great anticipation of what God has in mind.  I look forward to His leading and His direction on what should be accomplished for that day. As I'm faithful to give God more of me, I stand in overwhelming expectation of God's outpouring of His Spirit and His glory in my life.

Being in this place of surrendering more of myself is not unfamiliar. I've noticed that during periods of transition in my life, God has often pulled me closer to Him. In this place, where God nudges my spirit to have more intimate moments with Him, I've often experienced maturity and revelation.  I've also always experienced growth from the inside out. This type of growth cannot always be seen with the naked eye, but I know that it is happening beneath the surface. 

When you grow from the inside out, the outward evidence will soon not be able to be denied. Why is that you might ask . . . because what you are carrying on the inside will no longer fit the outer exterior. As you grow from the inside out, all of the external situations and challenges and even your countenance will change. God will begin to beam through your pores and your life will be changed forever.

If you think you know what 2015 might hold for you or if you are still trying to figure it out, I want to encourage you with this post to surrender more of yourself to God. 

Make the investment in your relationship with God, spending more time drawing closer to Him. I promise that you won't regret the time you spend in His presence and that your life will never be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment