Thursday, May 22, 2014

Leaving A Legacy

Each of us was created with divine purpose and destiny in mind. We seek to live our lives so that we fully manifest the purpose and destiny that God ordained for us; however, have you ever stopped to think about how you are impacting the world and what legacy you are leaving behind?

When I stop to think about the legacy that I'm leaving and how my life will leave a lasting impact for many generations to come, I cannot help but to think about all the many students that I've taught over the years. As I run into some of them years later and they are now adults, it surprises me still how much their lives were impacted by those few moments that they spent in a dance class with me. 

For those students who have danced and trained with me for multiple years, the impact of the legacy is unfolding before my eyes and it is truly a wonderful thing to experience. One of my students - Miss Courtney Harvey, is truly an example of how my obedience to God is making a lasting impact. 

(Rasheeda D. Perry and Courtney Harvey - "Storm" - Dance America Competition)


(Courtney Harvey - "Caged Bird" - Dance America Competition)
Courtney has trained with me for over 10 years. I've enjoyed watching her grow and mature into a beautiful God fearing and anointed young woman and minister of dance. It gives me great joy to have watched her develop as a technically trained dancer, but it gives me even greater joy to see her becoming all that God desires for her to be.

In the past year, I've proudly watched from the sidelines as she began to teach dance as part of her internship with Church Hill Activities and Tutoring (CHAT), as well as develop her knowledge and understanding of dance as ministry.  The legacy is truly being passed on.

(Courtney Harvey and students from CHAT)
However, I was utterly speechless when she sent me a message with a picture attached of one of her students that she has been teaching at CHAT who was now continuing to carry on the legacy of dance by teaching some young dancers.
What can I saw other than GLORY TO GOD!!!! I'm truly thankful for this gift God has given me and for the vision of Rebirth Arts. 

Rebirth Arts is continuing to impact the world through the arts with a new generation. I look forward to watching all of their lives unfold as they begin to walk in their divine destinies in God.


How blessed am I to be able to have a passion and a calling for something that will impact the world for generations upon generations, long after I'm gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment